**All conditions and functionality of the donated item is detailed in each listing to the best of our knowledge.**
**We are not an authorized dealer of any items sold through this site, manufacturer warranty may be void even if the item is considered new.**
**Please read the description and view the photos before purchase.**
**If you have any questions about any product you see online, please do not hesitate to ask the seller.**
Shopthesalvationarmy.com Buyer Questions & Answers
- How do I register?
- How do I recover a lost or forgotten password?
- How do I change my existing password?
- Why do I get a warning message that my selected username is invalid?
- Why does it say that my email address is already in use?
- Why am I not receiving any emails?
- Why isn't the captcha code working?
- How do I change the email address tied to my account?
- How do I contact the seller?
- How do I leave a feedback on my recent order?
Bidding and Payment
- How do I participate in an auction?
- How do I cancel my order?
- How do I cancel my bid?
- How will I know if I've won an item?
- How do I Pay for my winning item?
- What payment options are accepted?
- I don't have a PayPal account, can I pay with my credit card?
- I've won an auction, how long do I have to pay for my item?
Q. How do I register?
A. Please click here to register on our site.
Q. How do I recover a lost or forgotten password?
A. Send yourself a password reset via email.
- From the sign in page select the Forgot password? link or click here.
- Enter your email address associated with your account and click the [Submit] button.
- Check your email inbox. If the email does not arrive in your inbox be sure to check your junk mail folder or spam filter.
- Click the reset link in that email.
- Choose a new password.
A. Alternatively, please contact us to reset your password.
Q. How do I change my password?
A. You can change your password at any time once logged in.
- While logged in to your account, go to your MyAccount area.
- From the left hand menu, select "Password" or click here
- Enter your current password.
- Choose your new password.
- Save your changes by clicking the [Change Password] button.
Q. Why do I get a warning message that my selected username is invalid?
A. Every user must select a username for their account. The username can only contain letters, numbers, underscores, and hyphens. We recommend replacing all [spaces] with either an underscore or hyphen.
- Incorrect: MY Username
- Correct: MY-Username
- Correct: MY_Username
Or, it says that the username selected is already in use.
- Usernames are unique. Two users cannot share the same username. If you get a notice during registration that your username is already in use, you will need to select a different username.
Q. Why does it say that my email address is already in use?
A. If you get an error indicating that your email address is already in use, it means that you've already created an account with us at some point. If you do not remember your login information, please enter your email address into the forgotten password form and you will be able to reset your password and log in to your account.
Alternatively, please contact us to reset your password.
Q. Why am I not receiving any emails?
- The sender will be from email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- You should receive email notifications for the following subjects:
- Asking Listing Questions
- Outbid Confirmation
- Purchase Confirmation
- Reset Password
- Feedback Received
- Offers and Counter Offers
- Message Received
- Shipping notifications will be sent from firstname.lastname@example.org.
A. If you are not receiving expected site emails, please check the following:
- Check your junk mail folder or spam filter for the missing emails.
- Make sure that your email address, in your account settings, is entered correctly.
- Verify that your email client, such as Outlook, is not in “offline” mode.
- If you use a POP3 connection to retrieve your email, please verify that the emails were not downloaded to a different computer.
If you are still not receiving our emails, please contact us.
Q. Why isn't the captcha code working?
A. There may be additional updates or cookies/cache to clear in order to view the correct captcha code in your browser
- If you are running Google Chrome, you may need to update the browser:
- At the top right, click "⋮"
- Navigate to "Help" > About google chrome
- Chrome will check for updates and will install updates if there are any available.
- If this still does not work, you may need to clear your browser cache and cookies.
- If you are running Mozilla Firefox:
- Make sure to disable any tracking protection in your options settings.
- To clear cache: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-clear-firefox-cache
Q. How do I change the email address tied to my account?
A. You can change your email address by editing your account details within your “MyAccount” area.
Q. How do I leave a feedback for my recent order?
A. We love hearing about your experience while shopping with us! If you did not receive (or have misplaced) the email with the link to leave a feedback, you can access your Won Items, and leave the seller a feedback rating!
- Click on the option icon (right of the order line), and select "Submit Feedback" for the seller.
Bidding and Payment
Q: Can I ask a question about an item?
A: Each listing has an option for you to write a public question on an item at the bottom of the listing page.
Q: How do I contact the Seller?
A: You can contact the seller about an active listing by clicking into the item detail and clicking the "Contact Seller" link in the middle of the page.
A: You can also contact the seller about an item you've won through your Winnings Page.
Q: How do I cancel my order?
A: Contact the seller through your order history on your Winnings Page. Locate the order and click the option button to contact the seller (gear icon to the right)
Q: How do I cancel my bid?
A: Send a message to the seller through My Bids page to request a bid cancellation.
Q: How will I know if I've won an item?
A: You will receive email notifications for all winning items, and it will also be listed in the Won tab of your accounts page.
Q: How do I Pay for my winning Item?
A: You may also access the Invoice tab to see all of your open orders, awaiting payment.
Q: What payment options do you accept?
A: We currently accept payments through PayPal only.
Q: I don't have a PayPal account, can I pay with my credit card?
A: PayPal does provide an option for non registered users to complete the payment online without logging in.
- Proceed to checkout by clicking the "Pay with Debit or Credit Card" button.
Q: I've won an auction, how long do I have to pay for my item?
A: Please complete your payment within 5 days of the auction's end.
- If you require additional time to complete your payment, please contact the seller for an extension as soon as possible.
- We will send out reminder messages to your account before the order is cancelled, and if a response or payment is not received before our final message, the order will be cancelled.
**Activity that doesn't follow Shopthesalvationarmy.com policy could result in a range of actions including: administratively ending or canceling bids, removing feedback rating, buying restrictions, and account suspension.**
Q: Where can items be shipped?
A: Orders can only be shipped within the United States. (If you have an APO/FPO/DPO address, please CONTACT the seller - click the options (or gear) icon to the right of the order and select "Contact")
- Unfortunately, we DO NOT ship internationally.
Q: Can orders be combined to save on shipping costs?
A: All orders won from the same seller can be combined if won within 2 business days of each other.
- In some cases the seller may extend the length of time between multiple listings, so please contact the seller about combining the orders you intend to purchase.
- An updated invoice will be provided for you with any adjustments to the shipping cost.
Q: Shipping and Handling charge
A: We do our best to keep shipping costs low to you, but we may charge up to $1.95 for handling (to cover costs of packing material).
- Other than flat rate shipping, calculated costs will be based on the product's shipping weight, dimensions, and distance from our location to you.
- Many of our listings offer more than one shipping service, so please click on the listing for more details.
- If you have any other questions about the shipping, please contact the seller.
Q: When will my order be shipped/processed?
A: All orders are processed within 1-2 business days. We maintain business hours Monday through Friday and will do our best to ship out your order on day of your completed transaction.
- If an item is won on the weekend, the order will be processed the following business day.
- Orders cannot be shipped out on a Weekend.
- Orders cannot be shipped on Observed Holidays by the carrier.
Q: How will I know if my order is shipped?
A: Once we process your order for shipment, you will receive an email notifying you of the status with a tracking number. (Please be aware that the carrier site may take 24-48 hours to update the status of your shipment.
- The sender will be from email@example.com.
- Please make sure to allow all incoming emails from this address for proper communication, along with firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, admin@tsastoreorg.
- Add all of our system emails to your "safe" senders
- If you do not see any progress with your shipment after 2 business days of receiving your tracking number, please contact us.
Q: Can I pick up my order instead of having to pay for shipping?
A: Yes, the majority of items we sell online will be available for pickup, but payments must be processed online prior to arranging pickup. Please contact the seller for additional information. If the listing does not have the option for local pickup, the shipping charges will be refunded back to you once pickup has been arranged.
Q: What is the ShopTheSalvationArmy return policy?
A: Returns will be accepted within 14 days of delivery date.
If your item was DAMAGED or NOT AS DESCRIBED, the restocking fee will not apply and a proper remedy for your purchase will be provided.
- For all other returns, we will accept a return within 14 days of the shipped date PLUS a 10% restocking fee (shipping fees are not reimbursed).
- Please return your order with all originally shipped items and a properly sized box with packaging for safe shipping.
- If you have an issue with your order: Submit a Ticket
- Or Contact the Seller through you winning history (Option button to the right of the line order)
Q: What if I want to return an item outside of the 14 day policy?
A: Unfortunately, if the item you are requesting to return falls outside of the 14 days, we cannot accept it for a refund.
Q: Do purchases come with any warranty?
A: Unfortunately, since we are not the manufacturer and all items are donated, we cannot guarantee any of the manufacturers' warranties will apply (even if we sell them as NEW items). Please assume that any item purchased through our site is not covered under warranty.